Monday, October 4, 2010

Week 1, Day 1

I got all my gear together last night before bed, went over the plan with Colin. I was excited about starting this morning. Colin was concerned as we lay in bed about my safety. It would still be dark. We talked about my route & staying safe. I woke up a few times in the night, nervous & excited. Finally, about an hour before I was due to get up, I awoke to the sound of rain. Grrr. I decided to run anyway.
Finally, it was time to get up & go. I need to make a morning checklist though because I forgot to do a couple of things before heading out - the main one being to drink some water!
I also need to get a better list of stretches to do.
All in all it was a good start. Out I went. It had actually stopped raining so that was really nice.
The program involves alternating between running & walking - gradually building your running time & decreasing the walking time. This week is a 5 minute warm up walk & then alternating 1 minute runs with 1.5 minute walks. It was hard, but not too hard. It is hard to imagine that I'll be able to run more than that at a time though. Praying that my endurance does in fact increase!
My thighs are a bit sore, but not too bad. Looking forward to the rest of this week. The program is a 3 day a week thing.
I did day 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment