Monday, October 18, 2010

Week 3, Day 1

So my run was non-existent today, but I did go to the doctor. My knee pain has not been improving and I was worrying about long term damage, possible surgery, never running again. I worry a lot.

I got X-rays and met with the doctor. Apparently I have knee tendon bursitis. It's not permanent & my knees look great. I won't be running for a while until the inflammation is gone. I am still in heaps of pain as well. I am hobbling around all day - so annoying. As soon as the pain dies down, I'll be at it again. Hopefully with better form and stronger tendons. Praying that it will take.

I'm sad that I am on hiatus for a while, but so grateful that I will be able to have another try.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to meet you! I read that you are having inflammation in your knee. I see this was back in October. I don't know if you are still in pain, but I know 3 people who were having knee pain and then tried an all natural inflammatory that caused the pain to stop. My neighbor is back to skiing! She takes 2 of the supplements a day. One of the other people I know, on the other hand, has severe pain, and she takes 4 a day. Hopefully it can help you if you are still dealing with knee issues. The website they got it from is called www.mymoxxor.com/store.

    ReplyDelete